The Ton Digital File Licensing and Use Policy
All of the digital designs that you see on our website at www.thetonstamps.com (“Designs”) are created by and owned by Effie Cho and The Ton Stamps.
By accessing this website and downloading or purchasing any of our Designs, you agree to be bound by the following terms of our Licensing and Use Policy.
License to Use Our Designs
When you download and/or purchase a Design, the Design remains the property of The Ton Stamps. You are purchasing a lifetime license that only allows you to use the design as a vector graphic file (SVG) for your own personal use in a cutting machine to cut, draw, etch, score, or otherwise reproduce the design. This license allows you—and only you—to use the Design in a variety of ways, including:
- Personal use,
- Use on finished products that you offer for sale at craft shows, craft fairs or through personal or peer-to-peer e-commerce websites (ex: Etsy)
- Use on finished products you donate to charity; and
- Use on finished products you give as gifts.
You are not allowed to edit the Design in any manner.
Prohibited Uses of Our Designs and Other Copyright Protected Property
You may not use our Designs or other copyright protected property for any purpose other than as specified above without our express written consent. This license prohibits selling, sharing, trading, or distributing our digital Design files. Please do not share the Design files. If your coworker, friend, or family member would like one of our Designs, please direct them to our site to purchase our Design digital file.
In addition, we own the copyright in the photos and other images posted on this site. You may sell finished items that you have created (finished projects) following our tutorials and in compliance with the design uses listed above.
The following uses of our Designs, photographs, and other images among others, are prohibited:
- Selling, sharing, gifting, transferring, distributing, passing down as inheritance, or re-selling in any manner the Design files;
- Using our Designs in any media or manner other than as a vector graphic file for personal use in a cutting machine. For example, this means that you may not use our Designs for any of the following:
- to create an embroidery design file
- as a pattern for a tattoo
- as part of a company logo or other logo
- publish as printed material or as a product that originates as printed material (such as coloring books, stickers, or water-soluble tattoos)
- uploading to create products for sale on print-on-demand sites
- Using our photographs and other images, or the text or “copy” on our site, for any purpose, including for use with your own e-commerce (instead, please take your own photo of the product you are selling), or as your avatar or profile picture on any internet message board, forum or social media platform;
- Using our Designs on a “machine for hire” or in any other place that would allow anyone else to access our Designs;
- Using our Designs for mass production or factory production of products for wholesale or mass retail sale;
- Using our designs as a basis or template for creating your own artwork;
- Licensing products which you created with our Designs for wholesale or mass retail sale; and
- Implying or claiming that you are the author of the artwork in our Designs.
In the event that we become aware of any prohibited use of our Designs pursuant to this Licensing and Use Policy, your license will immediately terminate and you will be contacted by our legal department.
If you have questions about the above, you can send an email to HELLO@THETONSTAMPS.COM.